You want to get in shape but you work really long hours, don’t you?
From eight at morning to six at evening, most of us work hard to maintain our lifestyle.
It usually sucks, especially if you don’t like your job or your coworkers, because you see the face of your colleague more than your husband or your boyfriend/girlfriend. And it is not a thing you can change, at least in the near future.
But what bothers you more than anything is that you are losing the shape of your body and your health. You can’t find the time to prepare your meals, you hate to eat outside but hey, how can you prepare everything with such little time.
Of course, there is no time for the gym. When you came home at seven or eight at evening exhausted, how can you go to the gym?
There are so many people like you on earth that if all of you come together and become a nation, it will probably be the second most populated country in the world after China.
So, don’t feel lost or desperate, I will help you if you stick with me a couple of minutes more.
In this post, I will try to explain 5 easy to implement things you can do right now to get in shape faster than the majority of the people and see results in a couple of weeks. Well, if you implement them genuinely.
This is not another one of those cheap motivation craps out there, we will try to form simple habits that will provide effective and permanent success, so read carefully.
These will be part of your lifelong healthy lifestyle system.
If you are ready, let’s begin.
1. The First Thing You Should Do Is to Create a Schedule for You
Ever think about those super busy people who can also find time for almost anything.
There was a guy in our class at university, this particular dude had excellent grades in almost every class. He was also in the music club, playing guitar in his band and organizing events and concerts. He also always had time for his girlfriend.
No, that guy was not me, unfortunately. I was always complaining about how I always had so little time that I was not able to do anything I want. We can extend the list above but you got the point.
I don’t know about that dude but I now absolutely know that those super busy people who can also find time for almost anything are using schedules.
The big secret of time management is to schedule every important thing in your life because every spare time that you don’t schedule is uncertainty.
And uncertainty leads to laziness. At least that was always the case for me.
If you know exactly what to do from eight to eight-thirty this evening, there is no uncertainty and it is much easier to focus on the task without losing any time.
So, schedule your free time, your meal preparation time, your gym time. And if you still believe you don’t have time for the gym don’t worry and keep reading, I also have a solution for that too.
2. You Don’t Have to Go to The Gym to Get In Shape, Train at Your Home
Yes, you heard it right.
You don’t have to go to the gym to get in shape. You can actually train at your own home at your own pace. In fact, you don’t need any equipment, to begin with, although some dumbbells might come in handy if you insist on adding weights to your routine.
If there is a gym near your house that you can drive to without losing much time, you can go to the gym. You will only train 30-35 minutes.
But if there aren’t any gyms nearby no worries, there are tons of bodyweight exercises that you can do at home without any equipment.
Now, if you are a beginner I’d like to you stop right now and read our Ultimate Guide to Bodyweight Exercises, you will thank me later. This is a very detailed and in-depth guide that will teach you everything you need to know about bodyweight exercises which will help you get in shape fast.
Bodyweight training is an excellent choice for losing fat, building muscle, and improve your joints, flexibility, and endurance. I really recommend reading our guide, I spend weeks preparing it and I am sure it will change how you look at bodyweight training.
If you have some experience with exercises before there are still lots of circuit exercises or superset workouts that will kick your ass.
I am going to prepare an advanced bodyweight workout guide soon.
3. Prepare Your Meals in Advance
When I first learned advanced meal prepping, I was blown away. Because it was such an immense time saver.
Let’s face it, preparing every meal is one of the most time-consuming part of our daily lives. But considering living a healthy life and your ‘get in shape fast’ goal depends 70-80% on your diet. So, you have to find a way to make it happen.
The way I am about to recommend is I think the best way to do this, although it may a little bit hard for you in earlier. But you don’t need to prepare every meal in advance, you can always start small and prepare 5 meals, one meal for the next 5 days.
Preparing your meals in advance seriously reduces the total time you spend on weekly meal prep. You can start by planning the next two or three days, and prepare every meal for these days, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Two or three times a week, one or two hours for each time. That’s all. You can eat whatever you want with your family or friends on Sundays, or prepare some comfort food.
All you need is a microwave oven and some food containers suitable for microwave ovens. Prepare your meat, your rice or pasta, and vegetables and make portions. You can calculate the portion size by your daily calorie goal.
After portioning everything, wait for them to cool down a little bit and then put them in the refrigerator. They should be good for two or three days. If you decide to plan the whole week, you can put half of them in the freezer.
For more detail about meal prepping you can read our guide: Meal Prepping for Busy People.
You can also download our free 20-Minute Healthy Recipes E-book. It has 12 easy recipes which only take 5 to 20 minutes to prepare.
4. Use Blender Recipes to Save Time for Breakfast or Snacks
Do you know what is the number one time saver for me in the kitchen?
My awesome blender.
If you don’t have a blender at your kitchen I can’t recommend you enough to have one as soon as possible. It can be a total lifesaver.
There is almost no limit to what you can do with a blender and a little imagination.
You can use your blender to make the fastest breakfasts possible or some refreshments between main meals.
Most blender recipes are simple and very easy to prepare. You can find tons of delicious, easy to prepare blender recipes online by just typing in google.
Also, you can prepare your own peanut butter with it. So, you won’t have to consume those processed ones full of sugar and preservatives.
5. Subscribe to Our Email List For Free E-books And One Week Course
I kept the best for the last.
Seriously the best thing you can do right now to get in shape is to subscribe to our email list below.
I will explain the solid benefits for you:
- Free One Week Course to Eliminate Your Worst Eating Habits: You will get one email from us every day for the next week telling you exactly what to do to eliminate the worst eating habits you have. Believe me, this is the most important thing when you are just starting. Also you will get instructions on how to do the exercises in our Top 5 Bodyweight Exercises e-book.
- Free Bodyweight Exercises E-book: You will get our Top 5 Best Bodyweight Exercises You Should Do For An Awesome Start e-book. There are simple explanations for every exercise about which muscles will work and videos for making sure you are doing them in the right form.
- Free 20-Minute Healthy Recipes E-book: You will get our 20-minute healthy recipes e-book. We choose 3 breakfast, 5 lunch/dinner, 2 snack, and 2 smoothie recipes for you and all recipes on the e-book can be prepared under 20 minutes. You will find ingredients lists, detailed instructions for preparation and nutritional information (calorie, fats, carbs, protein and fiber) for every recipe with approximate prep and cook times.
- Weekly Digest: You will get weekly tips, exercise recommendations, recipes etc. You can cancel anytime you want if you don’t want to get this kind of emails.
- Blog Posts Delivered to Your E-mail: You don’t need to visit our website to read new blog posts. All new and updated blog posts will be delivered to your e-mail account automatically.
Don’t wait anymore and take the small step (it is a big and exciting step for us) towards the healthiest version of you.